PERSONAL LETTER FROM STEVE
From my early days at Korrect Optical working summers with my Dad, to starting our newest brand, Gumption Glasses, our business is built upon the principles of family and community stewardship. Nothing makes me more proud to know that even though we have grown to become the second largest independent optical laboratory in the United States with more than 500 employees, our focus has always been on the health and well-being of our people.
The current Coronavirus Pandemic has challenged us in ways that we could have never imagined. Just like every small business is America, we had to balance the needs of our customers, the needs of our employees, and of course, the community-at-large. While the effects of COVID-19 have wreaked havoc on our daily lives, it has reinforced the fact that we all are part of a global human family.
Since the onset of the pandemic, we followed CDC guidelines and quickly adjusted our standard operating procedures to ensure everyone’s safety. These adjustments include:
- Temporarily closing the retail locations of our sister company, Korrect Optical
- Practicing Social Distancing
- All employees equipped with PPE including wipes and hand sanitizer
- Ramped up facility, equipment and product sanitization procedures
- For our lens manufacturing facilities - employees only - No outside visitors or non-essential deliveries
- Installing partitions for employees with close proximity jobs functions
- PPE available to employees as well as wipes & hand sanitizer
- Following CDC Guidelines
- Upgrading our IT infrastructure to support remote working, where practical
These procedures still remain in place. But now, as our federal and state governments weigh the options of reopening the economy, I am once again reminded that our primary responsibility is the physical, emotional and financial health and wellbeing of our people and communities. Our business is here to fulfill a need; we’re not only here to serve customers who need prescription glasses, but also to make their lives easier and more whole. What we provide is critical to everyday life. With that being said, we have decided to keep our operations safely running, ramp up and launch Gumption Glasses ahead of schedule.
Our early launch schedule was created to provide you with the
exceptional optical services and an enhanced online shopping experience.
- You can safely shop with us here. Your lenses are crafted in our Louisville, KY facility. Our “Ask Mary” like having your own personal shopper, allowing a professional to pick a pair that fits your face best. Or you can use our Virtual Try On feature which instantly allows you to try on any frame that is offered on the website.
- Use your most recent prescription. If you’ve had some trouble getting a new prescription this year because of COVID-19, we’ll use your most recent one so that you can get back to seeing the world clearly, quickly. If you are having trouble seeing and need a prescription for the first time, check out our list of available resources here.
- More savings. We’ve reduced our already affordable frames by an additional 15%, making sure that your necessities are a little more accessible.
What’s more, we know that so many of our Gumption family and community members are health care and front-line workers. To acknowledge the incredible sacrifices and jobs they are doing and better serve them, we are working with Louisville hospitals and organizations to provide these heroes with the optical services they need.
We are strongly committed to standing by our people, our community and you during this uncertain time. While the future may seem hazy, we clearly see that the only way to persevere is to call upon our collective humanity and strength at this time.
From our Gumption family to yours, we look forward to serving you at this time.
Humbled and grateful,